over 6 years ago
Welcome to the Intelligent World Hackathon with GE Predix! You're officially registered now, and we’ll be sending you regular updates throughout the competition.
Here’s how to get started building your smart city app with the Predix platform and LED sensor data today. Submissions are due August 2, 2016, at 5pm ET.
- Plan your attack. Visit the resources page for instructions on how to sign up for your Predix free trial, an overview of the Predix.io catalog, tutorials and documentation, and civic data portals.
- Get a head start on your submission. Fill out the basic fields on the application form and familiarize yourself with the submission requirements. This will give you a good idea of what you'll need to put together. Remember: you can edit your submission as many times as you like before the deadline. Need a walk-through of how the submission form works? No worries — we’ve got you covered.
- Learn how to get set up with the Intelligent Environment APIs by watching this video.
- Optional (but recommended!): Form a team. Thinking about buddying up? Visit the participants page to find and meet teammates. You can see who else is looking for a teammate, check out what’s in their portfolio, and send them a message to connect. Consider signing up for the hackathon Slack channel, too, where you can also meet & chat with other hackers.
- Check out the events page for discount codes and information about Predix conferences and other smart cities events happening in the next few months.
We’re looking forward to seeing how you’ll use indoor and outdoor LED smart lighting data to solve urban problems for parking & traffic, community safety, pedestrian planning, and retail and business needs. Good luck!